No products in the cart.
Wake Up & Cool Down With Coffee Popsicles
Start with your favorite Caravan coffee, prepared as cold brew, whether with a cold brew system or in your French Press.
– Measure 50 grams of coffee into your french press, ground on the coarsest setting.
– Tare your scale with the Fresh Press on it
– Start timer, and slowly pour 680 grams of water in (until ¾ full) and let bloom, approximately 45 seconds
– Slowly pour water until you reach 840 grams, or about 1.5” from the top of the press
– Place plunger on top: DO NOT PRESS
– refrigerate or leave on counter overnight (12-16 hours)
– Pour into another vessel for storage
Hint: Try to cut down on freezing time by refrigerating popsicles until very cold before placing them in the freezer. This will cut down on ice crystal formation.
Vietnamese iced coffee pops
Whisk two parts strong iced coffee with one part sweetened condensed milk. Refrigerate until cold before freezing.
Whisk one part coconut milk with two parts iced coffee and sweeten to taste using an easily dissolvable sweetener like powdered sugar, simple syrup, honey or agave syrup. Refrigerate until cold before freezing.
Hint: Brush pops with cooled simple syrup or other liquid sweetener and roll in sweetened coconut shreds (optional).
Mix two parts strong iced coffee to one part homemade hot cocoa (though a favorite mix will also work here).
– heat milk, half-and-half, or cream until very warm and pour slowly over one part cocoa powder with two parts sugar, stirring until fully incorporated.
– Allow to cool, whisk with coffee and refrigerate until cold before freezing.
*Of course, you can always just freeze classic black coffee for a calorie free, delightfully cool pick me up as well…
adapted from: http://mashable.com/2015/05/24/iced-coffee-popsicles/