Begin your Caravaning adventure today by creating the perfect Pour Over coffee.
Why We Like It
- cost is low
- it's simple and easy to clean up
- no sediment in the last drops
- more acidity in the cup
- you control temperature and brew time
What You Need
- whole bean coffee
- clean cold water (preferably filtered)
- pour over brewer
- pour over paper filter
- electric kettle
- grinder (preferably Burr)
- Paper filters can impart a noticeable filter (pre-wetting helps diminish this).
- This method is best for smaller amounts.
- Boil water in kettle.
- Place pour over filter into brewer and rinse with hot water. Empty.
- Measure 26g of coffee and grind beans on "Auto-Drip" (medium-fine like ground pepper).
- Place coffee into filter and tare scale.
- Start timer and gently circulate enough water to wet all the grounds, allowing coffee to bloom for approximately 45 seconds.
- Pour remaining water in gentle circular motion until you reach a total of 400g.
- Finish at approximately 2:30 minutes and pour into preheated cup.