Begin your Caravaning adventure by creating the perfect French Press coffee.
Why We Like It
- reusable = no paper waste
- full body, low acidity
- perfect for coffee for two
- you control temperature and brew time
What You Need
- whole bean coffee
- clean cold water (preferably filtered)
- french press (8-cup version)
- electric kettle
- grinder (preferably Burr)
- You will find sediment in the last few sips.
- We recommend enjoying within 10 minutes, as the coffee will continue to brew if left in the press. This warming can sometimes bring sour notes.
- Boil water in kettle.
- Rinse press with hot water, then empty.
- Measure 50g of coffee and grind beans on your grinder's coarsest setting.
- Place coffee into press and tare scale.
- Start timer and slowly pour 680g of water into press, allowing coffee to bloom for approximately 45 seconds.
- Slowly pour the remaining water until you reach 840g.
- Place the plunger on top of the press but do not press down yet. Allow the coffee to brew for another 3:15 minutes.
- Finish at approximately 4:00 minutes. Slowly push the plunger to the bottom and pour into preheated cup.
Using Your French Press for Cold Brew
- Repeat steps 1-6 using clean COLD water (preferably filtered).
- Place plunger on top of press but do not press down yet.
- Place press in refrigerator and allow to brew for 12-16 hours.
- Remove press from refrigerator and slowly push the plunger down.
- Immediately pour into another vessel for storage.
Note: If press is too tall to fit in refrigerator with the plunger up, simply cover with foil and plastic wrap instead.