Able Kone Chemex
Begin your Caravaning adventure today by creating the perfect cup using Chemex with Able Kone.
Why We Like It
- moderate sediment and well rounded body
- reusable filter = no paper waste
- perfect for coffee for two
- you control the temperature and brew time
What You Need
- whole bean coffee
- clean, cold water (preferably filtered)
- able cone
- electric kettle
- grinder (preferably Burr)
- The Kone reduces sediment and allows for more turbulence during brewing.
- This is a no waste process, with no need for disposable filters.
For 1 Cup (400g yield)
- Boil water in kettle.
- Place Able Kone filter into Chemex and rinse with hot water. Empty.
- Measure 25 grams of coffee and grind beans medium-fine like ground pepper.
- Place coffee in Kone filter and tare scale.
- Start timer and gently circulate just enough water to wet all the grounds and allow coffee to bloom for approximately 30 seconds.
- Gently pour in the center of the grounds until you reach 250g.
- Gently pour in a circular motion over the grounds until you reach 300g.
- Pour remaining water into center until you reach total of 400g.
- Finish at approximately 3:00 minutes and pour into pre-heated cup.
For 2 Cups (800g yield)
Repeat steps 1-8 , substituting 45g of coffee. Grind beans a bit coarser than ground pepper. Gently pour in a circular motion until you reach 500g, then pour through the center until you reach 800g. Finish at approximately 4:30 minutes.