Able Kone Chemex
Begin your Caravaning adventure today by creating the perfect cup using Chemex with Able Kone.
Why We Like It
- moderate sediment and well rounded body
- reusable filter = no paper waste
- perfect for coffee for two
- you control the temperature and brew time
What You Need
- whole bean coffee
- clean, cold water (preferably filtered)
- able cone
- electric kettle
- grinder (preferably Burr)
- The Kone reduces sediment and allows for more turbulence during brewing.
- This is a no waste process, with no need for disposable filters.
For 1 Cup (500g yield)
- Boil water in kettle.
- Place Able Kone filter into Chemex and rinse with hot water. Empty.
- Measure 31 grams of coffee and grind beans on "Auto-Drip" (medium-fine like ground pepper).
- Place coffee in Kone filter and tare scale.
- Start timer and gently circulate just enough water to wet all the grounds and allow coffee to bloom for approximately 45 seconds.
- Gently circulate remaining water over grounds until you reach 350g.
- Pour remaining water into center until you reach total of 500g.
- Finish at approximately 3:30 minutes and pour into pre-heated cup.
For 2 Cups (765g yield)
Repeat steps 1-8 , substituting 4.4g of coffee. Grind beans on "Drip" (a bit coarser than ground pepper). Circulate water until you reach 500g, then pour through the center until you reach 765g. finish at approximately 4:30 minutes.