Just drinking coffee not enough for you? Well, here’s a way to perk up your mealtime with coffee-inspired recipes you’re sure to love!
COFFEE ROAST via allrecipes.com
Prep time 20 min – Cook time 5 hours
2 tablespoons butter
4 lb chuck roast
1 tablespoon butter
salt to taste
1 onion, chopped
6 cups brewed coffee, we suggest our Brazil Zinho Peaberry
2 cups mushrooms, cooked or canned
3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the roast and sear on all sides until well browned; set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter, add the salt and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Return the meat to the saucepan and pour in the coffee and the mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 hours, turning meat over halfway through cooking time.
- To make gravy: Remove a cup of the coffee mixture from the saucepan, combine with the cornstarch, stirring until smooth, and return to the simmering pan. Mix well, remove from heat and serve.
PUMPKIN LATTE CAKE BARS via food.com
prep time 20 min – bake time 1 hour, 5 min
¼ cup double strength brewed coffee, or espresso, cooled, we suggest our Saharan Silk
1 (18oz) box spice cake mix
1 (15oz) can pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling
1 large egg
15 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup double strength brewed coffee, or espresso, cooled
1 (46g) packet instant cinnamon spice oatmeal
⅓ cup chopped walnuts, or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly spray the 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pumpkin, cooled coffee and egg. Spread mixture into baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and cooled down coffee. Beat until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
- Sprinkle the oatmeal packet and walnuts over the cream cheese topping.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 325 F and continue baking for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
The post Coffee Recipes appeared first on Caravan Coffee.